Monday, September 11, 2006

right brain vs. left brain

left brain (me): the client has requested a poster, using the new creative concept we developed. Please include: logo, phone #, blah, blah, blah. The client specifically asked that we leave a minimum of 4" at the bottom so that they can write the time and date of their events.

two days later...

left brain receives mock-up of the poster from right brain

left brain: how big is the white space at the bottom?

right brain: 3 1/8"

left brain: that's peculiar. you did see the request, right?

right brain: yeah, but the way it was written, i thought it was more of an option than a must-have.

left brain: i'll try to be more clear next time.

14 comments:

Thérèse said...

Why are there so many idiots in the world?

(I know you like to answer rhetorical questions, so I thought I'd just throw that ever-asked, very important one out there.)

Mycaelus said...

There is often a lot of miscommunication between the two sides of my brain. I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience it.

kara said...

If the average person only uses 10% of their brain...and your two sides are having a discussion...that means 5% of your brain is confused...5% is able to comprehend basic requests...and 90% is simply being used as a showcase for your shaved skull skin.

That being said, I still hate everyone today.

d said...

t - simple answer. inbreeding.

m - i'm afraid i haven't been clear. left brain = me. right brain = artist who works with me.

k2 - don't hate me. or go ahead. whatever. also, i'm not average, nor am i confused (see above). but you are right that the majority of my brain is simply filler to showcase my beautiful shaved head.

Mycaelus said...

I knew what you meant but I was trying my hand at this 'humour' thing I've heard so much about. I suppose this means my test run is a failure?

kara said...

it's no longer monday...the hate has subsided. can men's shaved skull skin be beautiful? i think that's up for debate.

d said...

k2 - beautiful? you're probably right. that's not accurate. it is hot though.

Thérèse said...

It is. I can attest to that.

d said...

see? t thinks it's hot. and she has amazing taste.

kara said...

I guess you'll need to do a comparison post...bounty hunter hair vs. shaved head...who will win? The suspense is killing, nay, mildly wounding me.

d said...

k2 - that really sounds like a lot of work.

The Dog of Freetown said...

Will you be devoting your brain to medical science? I think it's wonderful.

kara said...

you're right. shoot. forget i said anything.

Thérèse said...

Kara! Don't take that back!

I want to see who will win!!