Thursday, August 24, 2006

the pressure

i remember on my old blog, t used to complain from time to time that i wasn't posting often enough. she was probably right to complain. i wasn't committed. i wasn't blog driven. now k2's giving me shit. my life has been busy of late. and at least i'm replying to your comments.

so tonight, i'm at the zoo. and then, i'm not... because i left the zoo. it wasn't much of a zoo. but not the point. i was on my way home from the zoo when my phone starts ringing (i have the theme music from austin powers as my ring - yeah, i know... i'm cool). so i answer it and who do you think it is? that's right. it's one of the bitches from upstairs. now she wants to stay. her and her waste of skin devil child. and she's found a new roommate. so i'm thinking "this is fantastic. just when i think i'm getting rid of them, they decide they don't want to go." so what i actually say is "i've got an appointment to show the place in five minutes. i'll talk to you tomorrow about this." and i wasn't lying. i did have an appointment to show it... only drew, the guy who was supposed to come and see it didn't show up.

drew. what a stupid name. it sounds stupid and made up to me.

so anyway, i should have just stayed at the zoo. while i was there, two jaguars started gettin' it on. that's when things started getting uncomfortable between me and my zoo tour guide. but there was a family there and the mother put her young kid up on the fence for a better view. so i'm like "there are some storks around the corner. they might be a more appropriate animal to use in your little chat about makin' babies with your five year old."

and then i saw a sleeping tiger and three black bears. and then i left. shut up.

5 comments:

CamoBunny said...

did you only write drew's whole name because if you abbreviated it like you do everyone else's name, it would be the same letter as yours?

i'm tired.

Thérèse said...

Therese' no pressure.

Thérèse said...

There's. There's!

d said...

cb - pretty much. but also because i was ticked off that he wasted my time by not showing up. i hate it when people waste my time. just because their life is worthless doesn't mean they can treat mine like that. i was having a perfectly good time at the zoo but had to leave so i could meet this guy.... sorry, i'm starting to get angry again. oh. one more thing. get some sleep please.

t - i know. you don't pressure me anymore. and i dig that about you. not that k2 really pressured me. she was just eager to read more of my brilliantly poetic... ummm... stuff. just like everyone else, but she decided to make her opinion known. and so i rewarded everyone with this pathetic post. though the part about the two jaguars having the sex was somewhat less pathetic. it's something... right? maybe not. it was my first zoo visit so i was kind of surprised by the free shimmy shammy exhibition.

kara said...

Wow, I LOVE it when other people speak for me. It's like having my own PR firm. Which makes me think I'm important enough to warrant my own PR firm. Oh, and by the by...this line had me chortling for, like, 3 full minutes.

"so tonight, i'm at the zoo. and then, i'm not... because i left the zoo."