Monday, December 12, 2005

what is it about...

...toothpaste that makes people want to walk all over the place? i had company this weekend... company that's stayed at my place before and company with whom i have stayed with before. i love company. actually, no i don't. i tolerate company out of respect for the relationship, but to be honest, i'd much prefer they leave at the end of the night.

anyway, i'm getting off track here. i noticed that when this person brushes their teeth, they seem to want to show off the fact that they're brushing their teeth by walking out to where ever i am as though they're just being aloof and casual and not wanting to miss anything going on (i.e. what's on tv). occassionally, they also try to speak whilst brushing their teeth. now, this isn't the only person i've seen do this... in fact, it seems to happen quite a bit and i find it... well, disgusting.

sure, i'm a bit of a germ-o-phobe and that doesn't help my position on this issue, but brushing one's teeth is a method of cleansing oneself. to me, it's like jumping in the shower to get wet and then running out to where i am to lather up. and people don't do that (or at least i've never seen it happen).

i'm very happy people are brushing their teeth, but i don't want to see it. i'll take their word on it... honest! no need to show me. t, you can add this to my list of things i hate... (just mentally add it, i don't expect you to physically add it)

1 comment:

Thérèse said...

I hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it when people try to talk to me when I'm brushing my teeth. And I never ever let anyone see me do it. (shudder) Even when I'm dating someone, and they want in the bathroom to... I don't even know. Not while I'm brushing teeth. It's just... one of those unusual things about me.