Friday, June 16, 2006

this morning...

...i was mentally and physically defeated by a mango.

so i was talking to someone last night and they told me i shouldn't worry about my eyebrows eventually growing out to look like andy rooney's. 'cause i don't have thick eyebrows right now.

she said what i should be worried about is my ears getting big. right now, they're pretty much the perfect size... but apparently, the ears never stop growing. is it just me? or is that really frightening? today at lunch, i spent the entire hour staring into the mirror trying to determine if my ears have grown.

2 comments:

Doc Moxie said...

She's right. Take it from a doc. Your ears never stop growing.

The good news is, your nose will also keep growing to match. And then your skin sags, increasing the length of your face to match that.

Don't get me started on hair. It starts growing in places you'd think hair oughtn't grow. But don't get me started.

d said...

she mentioned the nose thing too. not sure why i gravitated to the ears. but i appreciate the reminder.

i'm a highly intelligent individual so why didn't i know this? i've spent the last five years in excruciating angst because i'm not achieving my life's goals as quickly as i'd planned. and now i have to add to this the loss of my perfectly proportioned ears and nose? ok. maybe my nose isn't quite as perfectly proportioned as my ears... but i've got a nice nose.

and hair... well, i'm already experiencing the rollercoaster ride that is human hair. you win some, you lose some. you just never win or lose it where you'd prefer.