Saturday, June 17, 2006

a change in attitude

for those of you who get a kick out of my attitude, don't worry... it's just a temporary change.

all week i've been dreading the idea of having to go back to my home town for father's day. but since i went to visit my mother on mother's day, i don't want dad thinking even less of me for not treating him equally. (my parents are divorced and apparently are still keeping score after almost 15 years).

so i grew up in this pathetic excuse for a town with only about 6,000 people in it. nobody ever leaves and those that do become outcasts because they aspire to do more with their lives than drive in circles around town every night... (seriously - there's a thing called "the loop" and that's what people do. "what are you doin' tonight?" -- "probably drive the loop.")

so where was i? oh yeah... i've secretly been wishing to get seriously ill all week so i could avoid going... but my stupid immune system is in tip top shape so i never get sick. can't even fake a cough for crying out loud. anyway, it just hit me this morning. every time i go back home, something stupid always happens. so rather than looking upon this trip as a hassle, i've decided to change my attitude and look at it as good writing material. my only concern is that it'll be so lucrative, i'll have to go back. and my next planned trip there isn't until christmas.

anyway, see you in a couple of days. if i make it back alive that is. (ahhh.... there's that old attitude i've come to love).

No comments: