Sunday, June 25, 2006

the girl who won't marry me

so some of you may recall the post i made about asking the girl at work to marry me. she originally said yes, but then inexplicately changed her mind. or at least if there was a reason, i can't recall it.

anyway, we were at the driving range a couple of days ago and she's talking about a bunch of stuff. i wasn't really listening to a lot of it... it was just kind of background noise. but one part was about a guy she met at the gym who she says "flirts" with her, but he's never asked her out. i told her he probably heard how much she likes to break other guys' hearts by agreeing to marry them and then backing out. hahaha, i'm freakin' hilarious! so i suggested she ask him out. "guys like it when the girl asks. so quit being a whining baby and ask him." and that's when i got the stare.

so i'm like "don't give me the stare. i invented the stare. besides, you're doing it all wrong." but it made me wonder... do guys really like it when the girl asks? i can only speak for myself. and how do other girls feel about asking a guy? and why the hell didn't she marry me? i also asked t to marry me, but she said "why should i? what are you bringing to the marriage?" so i pretty much knew that wasn't going to happen even though i made some really strong arguments. i'm gonna keep asking though. i don't give up at the first (or second) failure.

6 comments:

Doc Moxie said...

Girls all feel differently about asking guys out, so I don't think generalization is possible there. I personally feel that if the guy lacks the spine to ask me out (as is the social convention), then a) he doesn't really like me that much anyway and/or b) he has smaller balls than I do, and that wouldn't work in a relationship. I'd mow him over.

You should keep asking, though, if you really want to marry someone. She might say yes just to get you to shut up.

I get the feeling that T won't marry you as long as you hate kids as much as you do. I mean, not that I know for sure, seeing as how we're all blogstrangers and all, but I have this feeling. and usually I'm right.

d said...

yeah. i see your point about the girl asking the guy out. it's important that the guy is the one with the balls. i can't stress that enough.

it's not that i hate all kids. i just have an acute disdain for the screamer upstairs. my nephews are wonderful, when they're not peeing on my sofa. which means they're generally wonderful, because only one of them has peed on my sofa, and that was a while ago. i got rid of that sofa. i called it the "poppy sofa". gold star to anyone who can name where that came from.

CamoBunny said...

maybe she won't marry you 'cause deep inside she knows you won't marry her.

ooooo. see what i did there?

d said...

that's crafty... in more ways than one. but i won't fall into your trap.

i'll just say "well played" and i'll leave it at that.

The Dog of Freetown said...

You're a true inspiration. I don't think ladies should be allowed to make decisions about marriage. It's something a man should really be able to decide all by himself. They should just receive notice from the registry office through the mail - "congratulations, you are now married to a complete stranger by the name of Ned." First come, first serve. Everyone's happy then, aren't they?

d said...

i like the way you think. you should run for prime minister of the world.