Tuesday, January 27, 2009

my battle with air canada continues

to all my faithful reader,

i apologize for the lack of regularity in my postings recently. but please don't be too angry or frustrated with me. instead, why not blame and take your frustrations out on air canada. they deserve it, and i'll prove it.

i've been traveling a lot this month with yet another trip to come before the month ends. already 8 flights survived, but not without having to endure air canada's seemingly unlimited supply of incompetence. so to help me bear this frustration, i've decided to keep track of all of the ways in which they have disappointed me in 2009. additionally, if you look to the right, you'll see that i'm also keeping track of how much money they owe me for wasted time. as i continue to be forced to travel with them over the year (because my company buys bulk tickets from them and forces me to fly with them), i will do my best to keep track of their incompetence in blog posts and the money they owe me in the new section on the right. perhaps at the end of they year, i'll send them an invoice.

so here's how my flights have gone so far this year:

flight #2: 30 minutes, plane was late arriving, 20 minutes making a claim for lost luggage
flight #3: 90 minutes, sitting on plane while they looked for our pilot
flight #6: 50 minutes, rebooting plane's computer (twice)
flight #7: 20 minutes, changing lightbulb in main entry
flight #8: 120 minutes, cancelled flight, had to re-route through toronto.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oops. Sorry about the pilot being late that day. We were having a deep discussion on which were better. Twinkies or Ho Ho's.

He seemed to think you can't go wrong with a Ho.

I guess I can't say I blame him.

kara said...

i think you should just go ahead and blame canada for its air.

d said...

tw - great. now i'm hungry.

k2 - what purpose would that serve? i like canadian air. except for its temperature in the winter. maybe you're on to something.