Sunday, May 14, 2006

dear montreal bell centre

i'm slightly embarassed to be writing you about this, but sometimes desperation can make one do things they typically would not. i'm writing because i screwed up and i'm hoping that you can overlook my mistake and help me out... because i'd help you out. see?

please send me at least two free tickets for the pavarotti farewell concert on june 3rd. and i want good seats too... i won't get into why i didn't just buy them when they were available, but trust me... it wasn't my fault. i was promised free tickets and then the promisers didn't come through.

i'll deal with them separately. but if you could just do this one little thing for me, i'll be forever thankful.

5 comments:

Thérèse said...

Well in order to fulfill your request, I will obviously need more details.

Come on now. You know how curious I am.

d said...

more details on why the free tickets i was promised didn't come through?

the easy explanation is incompetence. but it's not the full story i'm sure. you know i work in advertising... and as a result, our company buys a lot of media on behalf of our clients. there's lots of competition for our money so the media suppliers often have relationship-building gifts on hand (i.e. tickets to sporting events, concerts, and so on). so the major sponsor of pavarotti's canadian tour is the globe and mail and, as fate would have it, we buy ads regularly in that paper. so when i asked our media director to work her magic and get me some front row seats, she didn't think it would be a problem (the front row may have been, but not tickets in general). so by the time she got back to me saying "they don't have any tickets to give away," all of the good seats were sold out.

the bell centre just released a few more tickets, but they're on the roof i think... and, well, as you know... i'm better than that.

anyway, t, if you can make this happen, i'll take you with me.

Thérèse said...

I would if I could, Doug, you know I would.

But unfortunately, my pull has nothing to do with good Pavoratti farewell concert seats.

Of course, should I trip over a pair of tickets, I'll know who to give them to. *winks, points*

d said...

so you were just teasing me then with your "to fill your request" talk? that's devious.

Thérèse said...

I'm nothing if not devious.