Monday, October 09, 2006

vacation. roadtrip. opportunity. photos.

so here's the situation. my hot girlfriend is moving on... toronto and bigger/brighter things are calling her. i'm on vacation. i offer to help her move out of her apartment. we need a truck. we don't own a truck. we tried renting several trucks with little luck. that's because fredericton sucks. so we drive to saint john and rent a truck there. the journey begins. the goal - get the fuck out of fredericton forever!

so we start our trip. my hot, sexy truckin mama girlfriend is at the wheel of the big rig. hot, isn't she?


so we're on the road. we're doing this. we're getting her out of fredericton. there was no looking back! (ok... so maybe there was a little looking back. but we were in a giant truck and the responsible thing to do is look behind you from time to time.)

we're mostly excited. but a little scared too. i mean, look... for the next 30 km, we had to worry about giant car-attacking animals.

but we had to keep going in spite of our fear. actually, we weren't that scared. i was just saying that for effect. did it work? really, this was a beginning. we were chasing something called opportunity. you probably have no idea why this picture is so relevant. but it is. just move on. i'm not going to explain it to you.

her job was to drive. my job was to keep the radio jumpin'.

i wasn't very good at my job.

here's a tree we saw along the way. actually, i'm not sure she saw it. so here it is. look at this tree baby!

umm.... these are more trees. oh, and the antenna of the truck. what you can't see is the carnage on the windshield. hundreds of dead bugs. but the trees are beautiful, aren't they?

for the most part, we felt safe. the canadian military had us covered.

i wanted to turn right. but oh no! she took us to fredericton. i hate that place. she's so focused. but i guess it's for the best. we did have to move her stuff from fredericton. moncton would have been much more fun though.

oh, hey... look at this. a sunset. erotic, no? i'm getting turned on. (not really.)

ok. so here we are. fredericton. or almost. (man, i hate that place.)

she's still not satisfied with my radio selections. i thought i was turnin' that mutha out. but what do i know?

hey look. more trees.

ok. this is part one. we arrived in fredericton. i have several more photos. a lot of them are blurry. and some of them involve my beautiful, sexy, smart, funny girlfriend giving me the finger. i probably deserved it. but that will become clear in part two.

but before i can show part two, i have to go and say goodbye to her. well, not goodbye. more like, "i'll see you soon."

8 comments:

The Dog of Freetown said...

I love this post. It combines two of my favourit pretend online people. What happens next? What happens next? You've started so you have to finish.

Thérèse said...

Ooh, nice tree, MWS. (I'm so glad that nickname stuck. It is so perfect.) (Hee hee hee hee hee.)

Kieran, I thought it would be obvious: I am kidnapping him.

But shh, don't tell.

d said...

k - i'll finish. on thursday or friday. gotta go see t.

t - perfect? i disagree. and please kidnap me. PLEASE! oh wait... that was supposed to be a surprise.

hmm... i sure hope i don't get kidnapped in the next day or so.

Minoa said...

Based on this post-you two are perfect for each other.
Rezzie driving...hmm...I think this was the first time ever that anyone mentioned (much less offered proof) of this. I'm still not sure how I feel about this. I always pictured her walking in a pair of stunning heels. But a big rig?

Valancy Jane said...

Yeah, I had the same reaction as Colsy. Odd.

d said...

c - thank you. i've been trying to tell her that, but she just keeps giving me the finger. and don't worry... her feet still looked hot while she was driving the big rig. she does everything with class. except giving me the finger.

vj - odd that you had the same reaction? odd that she's driving a big rig? or my post in general was odd?

stay tuned ladies and gentleman (k - i'm talking to you)... in my next photo update, there will be more discussion of "the big rig" and t. very exciting.

Thérèse said...

Cols? Veaj? It's me. I promise. You can't see, but I'm wearing these boots in that picture.

Never said I would be a practical or stereotypical truck driver.

Thérèse said...

Doug. I am a classy finger-giver. Look at the (eighteen) pictures of it. Refresh your memory.

Pfffffft.





(m.y., mws.)