Thursday, March 29, 2007

the job

so i got this new job. in fact, i had two offers on the same day. (see... people like me)

anyway, i chose my new job based on several factors:
1. it was closer to my house (only a five to seven minute walk)
2. the name of the company is something i can easily relate to
3. it's near the grocery store

the job should be pretty ok too. it's in international marketing which means i will be doing some travelling. it appears as though my territory is going to be eastern europe, but there's a chance they'll give me turkey/mid-east/africa - depends on who else they hire. and the name of the company... well, it's a secret. but like i said, it's something i can easily relate to due to how smart i am.

so to all of you out there who never thought it would happen, i say... well, nothing. that's just the type of guy i am.

and also... hawaii, you are a pussy.

18 comments:

kara said...

I'm jealous. I want to travel to Eastern Europe. It's my fondest wish...next to summer vacationing in a gulag.

The Dog of Freetown said...

Prove it, market something to me.

My colleague is from Slovakia. I'll ask him where his vulnerabilities lie in relation to being marketed at. It could help.

d said...

k2 - not sure what to tell you. how 'bout this? i can vividly describe every second of every trip i take abroad OR i can try to remember to pick up a postcard and then try to write something intelligent on it and then try to remember to buy a stamp and then try to remember to send it to you. or at least maybe scan it in and post it since i don't know your address. unless this would work:

k2
c/o condi's hair
somewhere in portland

k - well, ok. i've done so on your blog. but stay tuned, i'll prove my marketing prowess in another post soon. and please do ask your colleague. and be sure to tell him that i think slovakia's flag is one of my favourites... what with the blue and red and the coat of arms that seems to make no sense at all. i mean, really, what is that thing?

kara said...

All of those will do. Except the address is wrong.

Thérèse said...

Psst.

I love you.

Just wanted to tell you in a new way. Heh.

Thérèse said...

(And I love you.)

(That was less than five SECONDS)

Thérèse said...

(and BAM! HA!)

Thérèse said...

Seriously though, if you don't start paying attention to me soon, I will do something embarassing on your blog.

Thérèse said...

For you.

Thérèse said...

That's... for you, like, as in, not for me. Embarassing for you.

Thérèse said...

Like... hm... maybe... let's see...

Your love for Avril Lavigne. Maybe I'll go public with that, hon, so you might want to look over here.

Thérèse said...

Seriously, I am not messing around, I will actually, on your blog, state that YOU, manly man that you are, ACTUALLY LIKE Avril Lavigne.

I'll totally tell.

Thérèse said...

I mean business!

Thérèse said...

I'm not joking, these are not my joking pants, that I am wearing on my legs, right now! Serious pants!

Pay attention to me!

Thérèse said...

Okay, I have just stared at you for like ten seconds straight, and then I sighed obviously and loudly like three times.

That's it.

I'm totally telling.

Thérèse said...

PEOPLE!

DOUGLAS LIKES AVRIL! HE DIGS HER!

Thérèse said...

Fact.

The Dog of Freetown said...

I want proof. I'm all about proof these days.