Wednesday, April 05, 2006

off the market

so do you recall the post a few weeks ago about me asking a girl to marry me, only realizing after that my zipper was down? (i'd link to it, but that really seems like a lot of work... i'd have to find it, and then do other stuff, and then i think probably something else...)

anyway, if you don't recall, i can summarize the post for you. basically, it went like this: i asked a girl to marry me but only after did i realize that my zipper was down.

ok... so that's that. anyway, i asked her again today and she said yes. now, it could be because she worked for 20hours yesterday and had very little sleep, but i don't care... yes means yes.

so here's my point... if you ask a girl to marry you and she says "no", first make sure your fly is up and then just keep asking. it may take a few weeks or months of convincing, but eventually she'll break down. and that's what a strong marriage is all about. one person annoying the other person until they give in - just to shut the other person up.

uhhh, i just realized i have to buy a ring now. i think i'm in over my head. i wonder if she'd be happy just being friends who don't buy each other jewellery but still do the fun stuff.

3 comments:

Thérèse said...

Hee.

Hee hee hee.

Thérèse said...

If she said yes, and you asked, go get her a ring.

I'm sure you can stall with a cheap one. I mean, she should understand. After all, you just quit your job a coupla days ago.

d said...

getting engaged is expensive. i should have thought things through more.