Friday, April 07, 2006

good news... followed by bad news

so it turns out it was the lack of sleep that convinced my new fiance to agree to marry me. now that she's had a couple of good nights of sleep, she's called the whole thing off. which is good, because i was out looking at diamonds yesterday, and SWEET FANCY MOSES they're expensive. so the good news for me is that i don't have to buy one now and the good news for everyone else is that i'm back on the market.

now for the bad news... she didn't agree to the idea of just being friends who don't buy each other jewellery but who still do "the fun stuff" -- so that's a bit of a downer.

is this too much information?

i'm just kidding about the second part. i didn't really ask her. she's a very sweet girl and i'm also quite pleasant to be around so i would never ask such a fun, yet potentially revolting question to someone i work with. now that i'm in a bad mood, i hope you all enjoy your stinkin' weekends.

2 comments:

The Dog of Freetown said...

I feel the overwhelming urge to reward you for being brilliant with ludicrously large amounts of cash. Unfortunately I don't have any, which means all I'm doing is wasting your time. I can see how that might be construed as annoying.

Thérèse said...

Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee.

I on the other hand feel the overwhelming urge to suggest stealing an engagement ring. Cause that cuts the price by like... a lot, really.