Tuesday, September 06, 2005

the elderly

i live in a building full of old people. some are on the brink death. as a 30 year old, this should make me feel young. it doesn't, but that's not their problem. where am i going with this? i can't bash old people on my blog - at least not in my first post.

i had another blog at one time... you may have seen it. it was called "the summer of george." i started that blog one night as i was doing laundry. it actually became sort of a theme of the blog which may or may not be why it suffered a slow and painful death. the reason i bring it up is that, once again, i'm doing laundry and starting a blog.

this time, i'm not telling my friends. they put a lot of pressure on me to post stuff. i hate that! i almost started smoking because of the pressure. and cigarettes are expensive... especially in addition to my cocaine and heroine habits. so i don't care who you think you are, i won't be pressured into posting unless i feel like it. :~)

i've changed my mind about bashing the elderly in my first blog. old people need to learn how to drive. and they need to relax a bit. oh yeah, and some of 'em need to shower every once in a while. especially the one downstairs from me who constantly stops me to chat even though i have no desire whatsoever to hear about his friends from the army. no wonder his wife is half crazy (or pretends to be). that said, there are a pile of great old people out there. so if you're reading this, and you're old, i'm sure you're one of the nice ones that i'd like... but not in the creepy, perverted way you're thinking. geez... get a grip.

anyway, that's enough for my first posting. if my other blog was any indication, i may feel compelled to write something else soon. maybe even later tonight. after my laundry finishes.

1 comment:

Thérèse said...

Hee hee. Ok, no pressure.